We are a part of you. [since 1960]
Take a look at MKW®'s history.
Karl Niederndorfer founds the "Metall- und Kunststoffwerk Weibern GmbH". The company's head office is the former dairy building, the so-called "Gstattmühle" in Weibern. First products in the metals business area are wheelbarrows and milk bottle baskets. Toilet seat "NORMA" and the three-legged stool are the first articles in the plastics business area.
Reorganisation into the present company structure. MKW® expands its position in the emerging market Russia and founds MKW LTD in Ermolino, near Moscow. Hannes and Stefan Danner hand over the management of MKW Kunststofftechnik GmbH. The coating technology for wood decor surfaces for aluminium and steel is provided.
Karl Niederndorfer retires. The business is now managed by his sons Franz and Wolfgang Niederndorfer as well as Johann Trausinger. On the initiative of Wolfgang Niederndorfer the company "IOT Industrielle Oberflächentechnik GmbH" in Haag/Hausruck is founded in 1984. CEOs are Wolfgang and Franz Niederndorfer and their brother-in-law Hans Danner.
MKW® makes the largest investment in the company's history. Plant 2 in Haag/H. is extended by a 3,000 m² production area which includes a vertical powder coating system. Karl Niederndorfer takes over the management of MKW Oberflächen+Draht GmbH. MKW® expands its production capacity in the powder coating business area and builds plant 3.
Christian Weinzierl takes over the management of MKW Oberflächen+Draht GmbH, plant 2 at Haag/Hausruck from Wolfgang Niederndorfer. He is now, together with Karl Niederndorfer, responsible for the overall management of MKW Oberflächen+Draht GmbH. MKW opens new headquarter at the company location Weibern. The family-owned company invests in a conversion and extension: the company location Weibern is expanded by a 2.000 m² production hall. On an area of 2.200 m² a representative company headquarter with a generous reception area, offices, social rooms as well as regeneration possibilities for employees is created. MKW expands the storage capacities at the company location Weibern. The new warehouse G with around 1400 storage spaces enables the storage of raw materials.